Installation and quick start
* Installing a room manager.
* Date and time setting
* Device installation and setting
* Configure the applications
* Setting up sensors
Installing the room manager.
* Install first the actuator modules or sensors to be managed by the room-manager (Daisy or Wally).
* For Daisy (ref RSM-101): Place the room-manager on a stable surface, facing the maximum space of the room.
* For Wally (réf RSM-102): Install the room-manager using the provided wall support, facing the maximum space of the room.
Do not cover! The integrated motion sensor will function in an optimal way if it is not blocked by an object.
Avoid direct sunlight and other sources of strong direct light. The integrated light sensor will be able to measure the ambiance lighting of the room automatically to manage the lighting as necessary.
Do not install near a heater or other strong heat sources. The integrated thermometer would be able to measure the ambient temperature for a better heating management.
* Simply plug the device into an electrical outlet.
* Do not plug the room manager to a UPS (uninterruptible power supply), or a surge-protected / multimedia power bar. These power outlets may bloc the carrier-current signal used by the room-manager to communicate with other modules or actuators.
* The software would immediately starts and the room-manager is ready. Touch the up and down keys to go to the home menu.
* Set the date and time first (see the next paragraph).
Date and time setting
Many functions depends on the date and time; it is thus important to set the clock first before you do further setup.
* Go to the menu [ Home ], [ Setup ] and then [ System ]. A list of system settings appears on the screen.
* Choose the menu [ Time ] to update the internal clock.
* Choose the menu [ Date ] to update the internal calendar.
* You can also make the adjustment of various parameters like [ Melodies ], [ Language ], [ Display ], and the announcer with the menu [ Announcer ].
Device installation and setup.
(If you obtain a pre-configured pack “room-services”, these steps are not necessary).
* Install first the actuator modules on the lamp / heater / device to be controlled. (Follow the user's manual of these modules).
* Go to menu [ Home ], [ Setup ] and then [ Devices ]. A list of devices available appears on the screen. Unconfigured / ne devices are labelled as [ new ].
* Enter on the setup menu of a device with the right key.
* You can use the [ Test ] menu line to actuate the on/off switch and to identify which device corresponds to this menu.
Choose an icon corresponding to the device; for example a lightbulp for the lamps; the label will be modified at the same time. You can redefine the label of the device to recognize it more easily; for example: [ bedside R ] for the right bedside lamp..
* The menu [ Shortcut ] gives access this device from the home menu.
* Enter to the menu [ Choose applications ] to see the list of applications that can control this device.
* Choose for example [ Auto-lighting ] so that the room-manager automatically controls this lamp according to your presence.
* The menu [ Configure device ] appears on the screen. In this menu you can regulate the dimmer-level of the incandescent lamp which will be applied for this application (Auto-lighting in our example).
* Validate the configuration, and the device from now on will be managed by this application.
* You can associate a device with several applications. For example, the bedside lamp can be managed also by [ sunrise simulator ] in the application [ Morning Call ].
Configure the applications
* Go to menu [ Home ][ Setup ][ Applications ].
* Choose an application to configure. For exemple [ Auto-heating ] for the automatic heating management.
* The first element on the menu shows the state of activation and other information. See the chapter on the application
[ Auto-heating ] for more details.
* Configure on the menu [ Thermostat ] the temperature which will be applied by default if there is no contextual configuration in progress.
* Enter to the menu [ Context setting ] to configure the thermostat according to the mode in progress.
* For each mode that you will find on this menu, you can configure the thermostat individually, for example: 17°C during your absence
[ away mode ], 20°C when you are somewhere in the house [ at home mode ], and 22°C when you are present on the room [ in room mode ]. Thus you will be able to control the energy consumption contextually.
* The [ Shortcut ] line (in the menu configuration of [ Auto-heating ]) gives you access to the thermostat setting from the home menu.
Setting up sensors
* Go to menu [ Home ] [ Setup ] [ Sensor ]. The list of the sensors appears then on the screen.
* Enter the menu [ Motion Sensor ].
* The first element is the histogram of the detected peaks of movement: on each 6 seconds since the last three minutes, on each 3 minutes since the last hour, and over each hour since the last 24 hours.
* The setting [ Detection Level ] and [ Sensitivity ] allow you to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor. (See the associated user guide in the chapter “Sensors Settings”).
* The menu [ Presence Sensor ] allows you to set the sensitivity and the level of detection of this sensor in the same manner.
* The menus [ Thermometer ] and [ Light Sensor ] allow you to adjust these respective sensors.
Installing the room manager.
Install first the actuator modules or sensors to be managed by the room-manager (Daisy or Wally).
For Daisy (ref RSM-101): Place the room-manager on a stable surface, facing the maximum space of the room.
For Wally (réf RSM-102): Install the room-manager using the provided wall support, facing the maximum space of the room.